I’m excited to finally have an organised and commissions sheet! Not going to lie, it’s a little bit because I need to fill eleven more slots in the Major Arcana series… Here’s what I’m offering:
(I’ll write any medium, really.)
- Up to 800 words approx.: £30
- Up to 1500 words approx.: £45
- Up to 2000 words approx.: £60
- If you’re a patron, you can take 20% off that price
What I need from you:
- A prompt, song, lyric, poem, passage from the Bible, etc. I am generally quite relaxed about what I write as long as you provide a basic piece of instruction. As I said, I’m still working on the Major Arcana series and am happy for your prompt to be one of the cards, or to tie in with one of the cards. My last commission, for my patron Sonia, was perfect for the Judgement card.
- Patience, as I have a lead time of about six weeks to two months for commissions. I recently did a video update about the work I’m doing and although I’m going to be on social media less going forward, my lead time for commissions has always been a good few weeks as I like to take my time and ensure you’re getting a Cracking Good Read.
How it works:
- Get in touch via email/Insta/Twitter/Facey/Patreon messenger
- Tell me your prompt and the length you’d like
- I take a 50% deposit at the start of the commission; the rest is due on completion
- Payment via PayPal or BACS
- Your work may go through a critique partner to be proofed/sense read/heavily changed before I declare it finished. It may not.
- When the story is done, I will email it to you in a PDF. It will also, unless you specify otherwise, be shared first with my patrons and then on my stories blog, Archive of Our Own, DeviantART and Wattpad
- I don’t do fanfiction any more, nor do I do anything NSFW, unless you consider weird magic and the odd bit of death NSFW. I do not.
- Legal bit: I reserve the rights to my work; no part of the publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher (me), except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.
Commissions will be open from now until mid-August 2020, or potentially the end of August (we’ll see how the old coronavirus-work-holiday situation pans out. I was planning a wee trip abroad in August but if there isn’t one, I’ll extend the window). You can see examples of the sort of things I write on my stories blog.
Let me know if you have any questions!
PS The Princess and the Dragon and Other Stories About Unlikely Heroes is still online to read for free and will be for the foreseeable future. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply